On ven, 2009-07-24 at 03:33 -0700, laksh wrote:
> I am new to Python and my project (MyProject) uses PyInstaller to
> create standalone executable. I am using the latest PyInstaller trunk
> from http://www.pyinstaller.org/browser/trunk?rev=674 and MyProject
> works fine with this PyInstaller and Python 2.6.
> Now I need to port MyProject to Python 3.0.1. So I have translated
> MyProject code to Python 3.0 and to create standalone executable I am
> trying to port PyInstaller too to Python 3.0.1.
> So I Applied 2to3 tool on it and also made some necessary changes in
> the code to support Python 3.
> I have also done modification in PyInstaller’s bootloader to support
> Python 3.

That sounds like a good start to support Python 3! Can you please post
the patches and attach them to a ticket on the website?

You don't want to modify the source code after the 2to3 conversion. You
need to modify it before (in a way that keeps it compatible with Python
2.x), so that after the conversion it works.
--
Giovanni Bajo
Develer S.r.l.