On Sun, 2007-02-18 at 12:20 -0800, Bob Ippolito wrote:

> However, proxying is a lot easier to set up than FastCGI.

Absolutely. That's what I always use.  I doubt the small performance
gain is going to add up to much in the way of scalability anyway ;-)

What I typically use is a small cluster of Pylons servers proxied to by
Nginx, which is something else not as easily done with FastCGI.

> I'm sure there's things that can be done to paste.httpserver to make
> it come closer to FastCGI in performance.

Maybe.  I'm going to be investigating fapws (and perhaps CherryPy's WSGI
server as well) to see if there's any significant gain by using those
rather than paste.httpserver (although I suspect most of the overhead is
in the framework and application, not the HTTP server itself, so even
significant gains in HTTP performance might not add up to much overall).

Regards,
Cliff