On Mon, 2007-04-30 at 10:34 -0700, voltron wrote:
> Thanks for your answers Cliff. I took a look at Nginx, it looks very
> interesting, would you care to post an example of your Nginx config
> file?

Here's a pretty basic setup that proxies to a Pylons backend and serves
static content from a particular directory:

# server section from nginx.conf
server {
        listen        123.123.123.123:80;
        server_name   www.example.com example.com;
        access_log    /var/log/nginx/example.com-access.log main;

        location / {
                proxy_pass      http://127.0.0.1:8080; # proxy to pylons app
                include         /etc/nginx/proxy.conf; # see below
        }

        # static content
        location ~ ^/(images|javascript|css|flash|yui|yui-ext|downloads)/  {
                root            /var/www/public_html;
                expires         30d;
        }
        location = /favicon.ico  {
                root            /var/www/public_html/images;
        }
}

# proxy.conf - common to lots of vhosts
proxy_set_header        Host $host;
proxy_set_header        X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
proxy_set_header        X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
client_max_body_size    10m;
client_body_buffer_size 128k;
proxy_connect_timeout   90;
proxy_send_timeout      90;
proxy_read_timeout      90;
proxy_buffer_size       4k;
proxy_buffers           4 32k;
proxy_busy_buffers_size 64k;
proxy_temp_file_write_size 64k;

There's other examples on the Nginx wiki.

Regards,
Cliff