On Jun 11, 2008, at 7:12 PM, Shannon -jj Behrens wrote:

MVC is a cargo cult ;)

http://jjinux.blogspot.com/2005/04/mvc-cargo-cult.html

Regardless of the original meaning in the context of Smalltalk, the terminology does have a fairly easy to understand and very common interpretation (most everyone I've met who describes MVC is describing the concept as the wikipedia article does). I wouldn't consider it a cargo cult, as it doesn't seem much like a movement, as finding a description that seems to fit what everyone is doing. Of course, it can get a little religious as soon as you start arguing with a MVC "purist" about whether its ok to occasionally put some logic in a template.....

Cheers,
Ben