Hi List,

I'm very green to pretty much everything web framework related, so apologies
in advance...

Basically my problem is that I want to be able to access 'c' object values
after a 'redirect_to' call. I'm guessing from tests that I've done that this
isn't possible.

The idea behind this is I have a page with a load of tools at the bottom -
when a user activates a tool the form submit controller does what it needs
to and then assigns a couple of values to c [c.statusText & c.statusCSS], it
then calls a redirect to the main page controller and these values are
*supposed* to give the user a text update based o nthe result of the form.
Obviously this fails because the c settings are lost through the redirect.

My controller code looks like this:

import logging

from pylonserve.lib.base import *
from pylonserve.model import *
log = logging.getLogger(__name__)

class CtrlProjectsController(BaseController):

    def projectMenu(self):
        c.clients = Session.query(ArkClient)
        return render('/projectMenu.mako')
        c.statusTemp = c.status

    def formProjectAdd(self):
        fData=request.params['projectName']
        query=Session.query(ArkClient).filter(ArkClient.client.in_(fData))
        if not query.first():
            formClient=ArkClient(fData)
            Session.add(formClient)
            Session.commit()
            c.status='Client Added'
            c.ststusCSS='normal'
        else:
            c.status='Client allready exists. Not added'
            c.statusCSS='error'
        redirect_to(action='projectMenu')

I guess my question would be what's the simplest way to get a single page
with a load of forms on it to 'refresh' with updated info?

Many thanks for any info,

Jules