On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 2:41 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi everyone!
>
> I'm diving into Pylons and Tesla for the first time and I'm running
> into an issue while querying on any table.
>
> Example:
> <code>
> % paster shell

> UnboundExecutionError: Could not locate a bind configured on mapper
> Mapper|Location|Location, SQL expression or this Session
> </code>
>
> I can use this Elixir model just fine outside of Pylons/ Tesla.  I'm
> guessing I'm not wiring something correctly.  Any help would be
> _greatly_ appreciated.

I can tell you what's happening in general, but not specifically
what's wrong in the Tesla configuration.  Whatever is performing the
SQL operation is not providing an Engine or Connection to execute it
with, so these two parts of the application are not communicating
properly.  At the simplest level, you execute statements via
'engine.execute(sql)'.  But if you tell a SQL statement or ORM object
to execute itself, it looks for an engine/connection in the following
order:

- 'bind' argument to the method
- engine bound to the session (set via sessionmaker options), *if* the
operation was invoked from a session object
- engine bound to the metadata (set via 'metadata.bind = engine' or
'MetaData(engine)'

If it can't find an engine in any of these, it'll fail with this error.

--
Mike Orr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>