Previously Ian Bicking wrote:

> Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> > Previously Alex Marandon wrote:
> >> Here is the advice of an average programmer with no emotional
> >> involvement in any of these projects.
> >>
> >> I think it depends on your background. The Pylons ecosystem is very
> >> powerful but it's quite complex and not really suitable for beginners.
> >> If it's going to be the first web framework you use, you should
> >> probably stick with Django or even better Rails.
> >
> > grok might also be a good choice. I'm not quite sure of repoze.bfg is
> > quite there yet, but it is shaping up to be another excellent candidate
> > as well.
>
> Grok over Pylons?  I don't think Grok is really any less complex.  Doing
> basic stuff isn't particularly hard in Pylons, is it?  There's no reason
> you have to use FormEncode, AuthKit, or any of those other pieces unless
> you want to, and if you are beginner to Python or web development you
> might off avoiding those pieces and just writing your own ad hoc code.

grok is much more pluggable than pylons and has more documentation
available (especially if you also consider all zope documentation that
works for grok apps as well).

In terms of complexity for simple apps I don't think grok and pylons
differ much.

Wichert.

--
Wichert Akkerman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    It is simple to make things.