On Dec 18, 2008, at 8:48 AM, Lawrence Oluyede wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 5:27 PM, Tibor Arpas
> <tibor.ar...@infinit.sk> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I don't know if anybody noticed. easy_install pylons is broken
>> because of this:
>>
>> (ENV) C:\Documents and Settings\All
>> Users\services\infinitsk\infinitsk>easy_install decorator==2.3.1
>> Searching for decorator==2.3.1
>> Reading http://www.pylonshq.com/download/
>> Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/decorator/
>> Reading http://www.phyast.pitt.edu/~micheles/python/
>> documentation.html
>> No local packages or download links found for decorator==2.3.1
>> error: Could not find suitable distribution for
>> Requirement.parse('decorator==2.
>> 3.1')
>>
>> I'm not sure what's the history and why the 2.3.1 isn't there, any
>> ideas?
>
> I work with the author and AFAIK the solution is to store a version of
> the decorator
> somewhere in the pylonshq.com/download site or point it to the 2.3.2
> bersion because it's been recently upgraded to 2.3.2 and moved to PyPI
> due to
> problems with the former website.
>
> BTW decorators has also been upgraded to version 3.
> <http://www.artima.com/weblogs/viewpost.jsp?thread=245050>
>
> Think should be safer this before releasing the 0.9.7

We always host duplicates of the eggs on http://pylonshq.com/
download/, we just haven't quite everything up there for the release
candidates. Everything will be there for the final release (coming
very soon).

I haven't tried 3.0 yet, and we're very close to 0.9.7 so I'm not
going to require it just yet. Instead we'll require 2.3.2 (which is
quite old now, and as you mentioned, is also on pypi) as a minimum.

--
Philip Jenvey