Django is like Rails -- it forces you into building certain types of
apps with certain styles.

If you build a Django app , you're pretty much married to it -- and
can expect it to work much like other apps.  That's not necessarily a
bad thing.

Pylons & SqlAlchemy offer a lot more control.

One of my websites is 90% ModPerl with 10% pylons offloaded ; we use
the same tables & db seamlessly.  I don't know if its possible in
django - but it was too hard to get done.

Another one of my projects is 60% Pylons, 20% PHP and 20% MovableType
(Perl).  Again, Pylons power and flexibility let me seamlessly get all
of them working together.

( btw , we're *finally* about to release a web framework toolkit based
on Pylons that lets people do all this .  huge product launches in the
next 6 weeks after 1yr of development and testing ).