On 7/19/09 8:57 PM, Dalius Dobravolskas wrote:
> Damjan wrote:
>>> 2) Your server should remember somehow who and when initiated OpenID
>>> request. So it create OpenID session and saves it to database (OpenID
>>> session usually is encoded into return URL);
>>>
>> I can remember that in the http session (which could be Beakers secure
>> cookie)
>>
> I guess that's not the most secure thing to do but if you want you could
> try to write your own OpenID implementation. It might be possible that I
> have oversimplified everything and there are more steps to make OpenID
> secure. I really doubt that OpenID authors were that stupid so they have
> not thought about secure cookies ;-)

It's a prefectly valid thing to do, and I do not see why you should not
do that. The standard python openid implementation encourages this type
of approach by making the store pluggable.

Wichert.

--
Wichert Akkerman <wich...@wiggy.net>   It is simple to make things.
http://www.wiggy.net/                  It is hard to make things simple.