On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 10:53 PM, cd34 <mcd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> When you start a Pylons project, what packages do you usually start
> with in your software stack?
>
> I think I'm one of the few using ToscaWidgets - if I didn't have so
> much developed in TG2 before I switched to Pylons, I think I would
> have used FormAlchemy.  I have debated moving to FA.  I gave Sprox
> another shot, and it has helped refactor some of the code that I'm
> working on, making it more readable.  I currently use Authkit, but,
> for another project I'm debating Blastoff which indirectly means
> repoze.who.

I use repoze.what just because his plugin system allow to switch the
authentication backend easily.
You can also used more than one authentication method (cookie, http
basic, url based auth, etc)

I use formalchemy because you don't need to define the same schema for
models and forms (Sprox can also do that AFAIK).
Give a schema to formalchemy and you get a form in two lines of code.
For now it support sqlalchemy, elixir, zope.schema, couchdbkit and
afpy.ldap schemas. 100% of what I need.