I've forked Mike's pyramid_sqla , and have been extending the
templates to be more familiar to pylons users.

Namely:
1- making the app structure seem more like a more mature pylons 1.0
app
2- added some reference functions around form submissions , beaker
session usage , etc
3- integrated some routines and designs from the pylonshq source code

ideally, someone would be able to create a new project and see a
reference of how to do most things right in the source.  They only
need to delete a few lines and files in order to get going on their on
stuff.

perhaps this template should have a different name -- but it seemed to
me like a mechanism was needed so people could get up & running in a
manner of minutes, without reading a ton of docs.

The fork is here:
https://bitbucket.org/jvanasco/pyramid_sqla