Dear Simon,

Thank you for your response. I've had a look at the pages you
highlighted. I've also experimented with running the command:

$ .../env/bin/pserver development.ini

before and after deleting the AppName.egg-info directory. The latter
resulting in a distribution not found error:

pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: AppName

So would it be correct to say that:

"The information in the AppName.egg-info directory is required for the
pserve, proutes, pshell and ptweens programs to be able to discover
and import the application."

Regards,

Tjelvar