Speaking of reuse, here is a component I would like to propose for the networking layer: webob.

What we probably need to do with such a networking layer is to pass a request and get a response back. This holds things like headers, method, content-type and so on.

So instead of implementing our own generic Request and Response objects I suggest to use webob which basically gives you all that. It seems pretty complete and is a rather small package. Moreover it also provides WSGI support should this be needed (I would need it for my idea of testing things without having a server to run). There is also quite some documentation about it here:

http://pythonpaste.org/webob/

The author is Ian Bicking who is a well known Python expert and one of the driving forces behind WSGI.

I am planning to code a little example on a branch which will use it.

Please discuss! :-)

-- Christian

--
Christian Scholz                         video blog: http://comlounge.tv