2005/9/23, Nick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
But there needs to be something.  What do you see on the list all the time?
  People asking how do I implement database pooling, how to I use sessions,
here's my database implementation for sessions.  I say put the publisher
there as well, since it doesn't have anything to do with the philosophy of
mod_python, even by Grisha's definition, and solves some release issues with
mod_python itself (can anyone say imports?).

Nick

Note that a review of the import system is needed even if we excluded the publisher from the core distribution. mod_python needs to dynamically import its handlers and the current way it is done is somewhere between error prone and bugged.

Maybe we should distribute the publisher as an extension module ? Alongside with Vampire, Django, and other high-level frameworks ?

Regards,
Nicolas