On 11/10/2021 17:03, Steven Troxler wrote:
> Personally, I think we should both adopt function-as-a-type and shorthand
> syntax, and reject both the XOR and hybrid syntax because function-as-a-type
> is convenient for expressing the same things (named, default-value, and
> variadic args).

+1

This combination of a shorthand syntax for simple callbacks and a longhand
interface-style method for more complex signatures is the best option IMO.

It provides good flexibility, in the pragmatic sense of "there should be only
one way to do it": there is a dead-simple way which is pretty good, and a more
flexible way for more complex cases which is pretty easy to switch to if
necessary.