On 23/04/22 5:44 pm, Chris Angelico wrote:
On Sat, 23 Apr 2022 at 15:32, Larry Hastings <la...@hastings.org> wrote:

Still, it's not the intent of my PEP to condone or facilitate monkeypatching.

The only difference is that you call it something
different.

To me, monkeypatching means modifying the definition of something
after the fact in a way that it wasn't designed for.

Here, the modification is fully intended, so it's not monkeypatching.

Also, as long as you can only 'continue' a class that was
previously declared 'forward', and only do it once, and can't
use a forward class until it has been continued, it doesn't
make monkeypatching any easier than it currently is.

--
Greg