A question from someone writing C extension modules for python but not
involved in python-dev:

It has been said that compiling python with --without-llvm would not
include unladen swallow and would bypass llvm together with all C++.
Basically, as I understand it, --without-llvm gives the 'usual'
cpython we have today. Is this correct?

If this is correct, I still have one worry: since I wouldn't want to
touch the python install most linux distributions ship or most
windows/mac users install (or what MS/Apple ships) I will simply have
no choice than working with the python variant that is installed.

Is it anticipated that most linux distros and MS/Apple will ship the
python variant that comes with llvm/US? I suppose the goal of merging
llvm/US into python 3.x is this.

If this is the case then I, as a C extension author, will have no
choice than working with a python installation that includes llvm/US.
Which, as far as I undestand it, means dealing with C++ issues. Is
this correct? Or the same pure C extension module compiled with C-only
compilers would work with llvm-US-python and cpython?

Cheers,
Danil