On 28 January 2010 12:58, Daniel Fetchinson <fetchin...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>>> If this is the case then I, as a C extension author, will have no
>>> choice than working with a python installation that includes llvm/US.
>>> Which, as far as I undestand it, means dealing with C++ issues. Is
>>> this correct? Or the same pure C extension module compiled with C-only
>>> compilers would work with llvm-US-python and cpython?
>>
>> As a C extension author you will be fine (the source and linker
>> interface will all still be C-only).
>
> Thanks, that is good to hear!

So, just to extend the question a little (or reiterate, it may be that
this is already covered and I didn't fully understand):

On Windows, would a C extension author be able to distribute a single
binary (bdist_wininst/bdist_msi) which would be compatible with
with-LLVM and without-LLVM builds of Python?

Actually, if we assume that only a single Windows binary, presumably
with-LLVM, will be distributed on python.org, I'm probably being
over-cautious here, as distributing binaries compatible with the
python.org release should be sufficient. Nevertheless, I'd be
interested in the answer.

Paul