In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Dilwyn Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

I don't have the time or the skill to help out with your project.

Yet, as a user of ARM products I know there capability ... and I
have
enjoyed RISC OS since its inception.

I would be interested in being a user.  The idea of a 'QL2' is
promising.

--
Malcolm Cadman

I am watching this thread with interest. As someone who would not
really buy such a machine as I am quite happy reinstalling *dows once
a month on average :-( hence why turn to ARM OS'es or Linux...that
would take the fun out of home computing if there was nothing to go
wrong (that's one problem with QPC2+SMSQ/E, it's too stable, nothing
goes wrong unless I misprogram or the PeeCee itself has a funny turn).

Umm ... we can't have you getting bored, can we :-)

Last week's virus messhas turned out to be beneficial in that it
forced me to get the latest drivers for everything as the Win98SE I
installed seems to be a bit more fussy about drivers for older
applications than the Win95OSR2+Win98upgrade I used to use. It took
ages, and every time I solved one problem two more seemed to crawl out
of the woodwork.

A 'forced' tidy often does this.

Worth doing all the obvious things, too, like defragmenting the hard drive, etc.

I am sure though that should my career take a turn in the computing
direction such a potentially multi-platform machine might be of
interest at some point. And I'm sure that once the best market for it
is identified and targetted it may well prove to be a really useful
system, especially if the various OSes you mentioned become available
for it.

I'm sure that even an emulated SMSQ/E (as opposed to QDOS) would be
fast on it (look at the emulation with QPC2 on a Windoze machine for
example). RISC-type chips should be able to run processor emulations
with good speed.

It looks like future hardware is going to be able to offer this potential with ease.

--
Malcolm Cadman