Dave P a écrit:
Hi all...

Timing is a bit off, but this isn't an April Fool joke... :)

I have been working on a business venture in embedded computing. It
involves computing for environmental controls. For this I have specified a
hardware reference platform with minimal requirements that are quite high.
I am now sitting on standard ARM 7500 complete system boards with the
following spec:

64MHz EP7500FE ARM system on chip (200/400 MHz options)
2x 72 pin SIMM for FPM or EDO memory, up to 256MB.
Three ROM sockets, 2MB flash, supports 6MB max.
Parallel port, serial ports, floppy
Dual channel IDE ATA/33
Integrated video:
  800 x  600 @16.7M
 1024 x  768 @32K
 1600 x 1200 @256
Any user-customizable resolution/frame rate selectable.
Integrated 10BaseT Ethernet
Integrated ESS audio.
16 bit ISA slot
Real time clock
I2C bus

I am now at the point of needing to obtain or create a basic OS and
filesystem for my product. I have no real need to create anything, as
Linux or BSD are available... but...
[snip]
Is there any demand/need for this? Pretty much you have to speak up now
either way, or the project won't start...

I discussed many years about this with Tony Tebby. And think I know his answer: what money do you have to pay him for that job?

I tend to believe that this is the right reaction. So after you did the hardware (I think that needed some money to do), do you have the budget to start/finish the sotware? Then you could count on Tony and something much better than QDOS/SMSQ/E (possibly with a SMSQ/E emulator as a bonus).

Arnould

              • ... Wolfgang Lenerz
              • ... Malcolm Cadman
              • ... David Isaacs
              • ... "Phoebus R. Dokos (Φοίβος Ρ. Ντόκος)"
              • ... "Phoebus R. Dokos (Φοίβος Ρ. Ντόκος)"
              • ... Malcolm Cadman
              • ... P Witte
              • ... Dave P
              • ... Tarquin Mills