In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Dilwyn Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

<clip>

In an indirect way, by defining the pseudo devices like DEV you can work around this to some extent in some circumstances if you are desperate. Setting the base devices for DOS to have longer Windows path names lets me access files in long and deep subdirectories in Windows from QPC2. When you are trying to cope with lengthy Windows network path names to shunt stuff from terminal to terminal at work (which I shouldn't be doing but occasionally need to when I use the office scanner on my colleague's machine and fetch the files using QPC2 on my office machine it's usually the only way because of the path name lengths. Fiddly, time consuming etc but possible if you get desperate.

Interesting ... can you write this up sometime in QLToday as this would be a useful guide to 'Getting the best out of QPC'.

--
Malcolm Cadman