From: Tony Firshman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 20 May 2005 14:27
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [ql-users] QL on Stick

On  Fri, 20 May 2005 at 11:49:05, Darren Branagh wrote:
(ref: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)

>That would be lovely, a real 3D shaped USB Stick with the microdrives being
>the USB plug cover cap.
>
>I can probably get those purpose made, but at a 100 print run, expect to
pay
>about 2,000 quid each at least!!
Exactly.  The tooling cost of the real QL case was, I think, £30,000 in
the 80s.

>(we did one in the shape and colour of a human finger last month - the
>fingernail removed to show the USB connector - very classy!) I think the
>print run for those was about 25,000 units, was for a US Telecoms company.
Mind you if there is tooling for a rectangular case, then that might be
cost effective.  Isn't the tooling the really expensive bit?

Tony

--
         QBBS (QL fido BBS 2:252/67) +44(0)1442-828255
          tony@<surname>.co.uk  http://firshman.co.uk