----- Original Message ----- From: "Malcolm Cadman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, October 08, 2005 6:17 PM
Subject: Re: [ql-users] QL is 21

Do modern computer users do any programming any more ?

Or is it all web pages, video clips and MP3 downloads ... ?

Given that the computer has pretty much become an appliance (sold along side TV, Washers, etc), I'm sure most computer users treat it that way. The same way that most of us treat our cars, ie. just a way to get around. I'm sure the early horseless carraige hobbyists were not too happy when the car gained mass appeal.

Indeed ... the way of the world.

Even my Pee Cee is more reliable than the Washing Machine!! JG

The power computers that we have now we the 'stuff of dreams' when the QL was launched. And they have become just another domestic appliance ... :-)

Marvin, the paranoid android said something like ... a brain the size of planet and all they ask me to do is to park cars .....

I'm sure that those that want to program, do. And those that don't, don't.

Well, at least that is where the QL at 21 is still OK ... it is still fun to program, and people even know how.

Well, Some of them do!!  JG

This thread seems to have had more impact on the false programming presentation than the QL is 21 Event. I expected the dinner booking form to be full by now. Come on chaps

John Gilpin.