In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Robert Newson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
Malcolm Cadman wrote:

Marvin, the paranoid android said something like ... a brain the size of planet and all they ask me to do is to park cars .....

"OK, OK, but where are you?"
"Reverse primary thrust Marvin, that's what theysay to me, open airlock number three Marvin, Marvin can you pick up that piece of paper? Can I pick up that piece of paper? Here I am, brain the size of a planet..."
"Yeah, yeah..."
"But I'm quite used to being humiliated. I can even go ans stick my head in a bucket of water it you like."
"Yeah...Marvin..."
"What's he saying Zaphod?"
"Oh nothing.  He just phoned up to wash his head at us."
"Has that satisfied you?"
"Will you please tell us where you are?"
"I'm in the car park."
"In the _car_ park? What are you doing there?"
"Parking cars, what else does one do in..."

Yes ... the original still sounds funny ... :-)

I'm sure that those that want to program, do. And those that don't, don't.
Well, at least that is where the QL at 21 is still OK ... it is still fun to program, and people even know how.

--
Malcolm Cadman