>One is inclined in general to that if one gets no reply to an email
>that
>the party concerned did not have the decency to decline interest, as
>I did
>some time ago about a Dilwyn/Tesco. It would seem intrusive to
>resend.
>
>Email seems to work so well for the greater part one hesitates to
>blame the
>system.
Wrong.

There is an issue in particular with NTL which is causing havoc.
The root cause is spam, and many ISPs inept efforts at pre-filtering.

I remember chaos at Demon a few years ago, when someone decided to put
them on a blacklist because one of their customers had an open relay.

My ISP does absolutely nothing other than spend £100,00 plus to cope
with the spam traffic.  That is fine by me - I would rather be in
control of my own filters.

One of my contacts using freeserve,co,uk is having terrible trouble.
Approximately 50% of her emails get filtered out somewhere in transit.

The garden is _not_ rosy.

Tony
How do these ISP spam filterings work?

Do they pattern match emails (i.e. look at it, that's spam, add it to
the list and stop every copy of that email) or simply decide that a
particular isp seems to carry a lot of c*** and focus on those alone?

I really do seem to get a lot less spam on tesco.net now, but what I
don't know of course is how many inncoent emails are being blocked.
Plus, as I'm on dial up, I tend to put a specific size "do not
download" on if I'm receiving emails at peak (costly) time.