[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I was always disappointed that the patch program from Marcel to get
> Text87plus4 to work on QPC2 and the Q60 only allowed the traditional
> QL colours on the Q60 although an alternative was allowed for QPC2.
> As a result and after some time I have made a patch program to patch
> the patched version of Text87plus4 to allow alternate colour schemes
> on both the Qx0 and QPC2. With this Text87plus4 can appear in pink,
> green, red, brown, purple, blue, grey .... or any other colour
> scheme combination that works for you.

Nice work. But it's not quite as easy as that, it looks like you
missed the finer nuances of colour selection. Specific bits of the
different substitutes have to be cleared/set for it to work correctly
in all situations. That's why the Q40 and QPC version and even the
QPC/QL and QPC/Gray version not only differ in the colour table, but
in code also.

The next question is probably what bits. No guarantees, but I think it
is thus:

QPC (valid for QL colour version only)

Substitute  Bit 2   Bit 7
1           0       0
2           1       0
3           0       1
4           1       1

Q40

Substitute  Bit 6   Bit 11
1           0       0
2           1       0
3           0       1
4           1       1

Also I don't understand why line 1500 is restricted to QPC only.

Marcel