Rich Mellor writes:

> [...]

<>

>In which way does it need to understand Home Dir - it works here if I go
>back to the original problem and execute the short test program showing
>the home directory and program name via QPAC2 and FI2 v3.41.

I dont know whats going on. Ive now built up a new FileInfo2_bin file
starting from scratch. All problems appear now to have vanished. Home Dir
works, scrap works, no funny crashes etc. Fingers crossed, Im finally home
and dry.

Thanks for all your help, Rich, Marcel and..? Oh well..

PS Has anyone written an export/import utility for FI2? It would be so much
easier to upgrade, fix problems and maintain FI2 using a plain text
configuration file.

Per