I cn get the EEEPC for less than the prices you quote, but I would have to buy in batches of 10-20 to get the discounted price.

I am not sure if there is a mrket for this type of thing.

What do you think.

Derek
Not really - individuals may buy one if it fulfils a particular need for them, but I don't really think there's a market for them unless someone can convince us that a hard-disk-less computer running a (older?) form of linux with WINE and QPC2 is worth the effort. One or two people seemed to be happy with an Asus Eeepc (well, got QPC runing on it anyway), and I happened to see the article in Computeractive about a sub-100 pounds notebook which Richard seems even less happy than Computeractive about (The Elonex One).

When new things like this come out, we should look at them since the combined cost of a Eeepc, WINE and QPC2 is a cheaper QL compatible (with benefit of Linux for those who like or use Linux) than any future QL compatible hardware is likely to be.

I'm not into Linux myself, so these devices are of no interest to me, but in my role as news editor I like to get discussion going about these things in case there's something in it for us as QLers.