When new things like this come out, we should look at them since the combined cost of a Eeepc, WINE and QPC2 is a cheaper QL compatible (with benefit of Linux for those who like or use Linux) than any future QL compatible hardware is likely to be.

You don't need WINE; Acer's Aspire One 120GB, Asus Eee 900/1000 series and others like the Dell Mini 9 all support or ship with Windows XP. It's possibly, albeit cramped, to run Windows XP on an Eee 701.
Good point. Does Windows run "native" on them or is it via some form of Linux interface? I presume that since these machines are called PCs, they use some form of Intel-type chips and so on.

What would be interesting, to me at least, would be a "native" QL OS for this platform. Something that uses a cut-down Linux kernel for I/O but is essentially a QL when you power it up. It would be fast, efficient and interesting.
Now we're talking :-)

The lack of a hard disc is not an issue for many people. 8GB is plenty, 4GB is tolerable. Remember when your main desktop computer only had 40MB of HD space.
Think how much software is in Quanta library. It EASILY fits on one CD.

The Eee and Aspire One are leading the marketplace with good value products; these should definitely be looked at - the Eee 701 is now £150 ex. VAT.

Whichever way you look at these machines, you can probably put QPC or uQLx on them and have a portable dual-system machine, either Linux+QL or XP+QL at quite a reasonable cost.