It seems to work OK. It's almost as though opening or closing the printer channel in QPC2 resets the printer to "standard" state.

Hmm...makes me wonder how a simple close from an unknown OS (by the printer's view) could change it's state.

Cheers...Ralf
It's almost as though QPC2 hands the printer back to Windows which then puts it back into "Windows state".

The act of closing the channel number seems to be at the heart of it...

1. I send codes, close the channel, then copy_n the file to it, the control codes have been lost, printer is back to 10cpi, primary font etc.

2. If I send the codes, keep the channel open, and send the file to the printer, condensed printing, econofast, margin settings etc are all used.

It really is as though closing the channel causes the printer to "forget" all codes sent! It looks like all control codes and data and text have to be sent in the same session for the codes to "stick".

PARda, PAR, PARa etc seem to make no difference. The codes I've been using are ones I use to set printer to condensed print, economy quality, set left and right margins and wraparound:

27,38,107,51,71 : REM CR=CR+LF, LF=CR+LF, FF=CR+FF

27,38,107,,50,83 : REM 16.7cpi (condensed)

27,38,97,49,53,76 : REM left margin = 15

27,38,97,49,50,48,73 : REM right margin = 120

27,38,115,48,67 : REM wraparound at end of line (prevents long lines of text getting truncated)

27,42,111,45,49,77 : REM Econofast printing

What I've done as a temporary (I hope!) measure is to set up a HOT_CMD key definition to OPEN #3,PAR:BPUT#3,list of codes, which does not close the channel, then I can LIST or SPL to that channel and only close it when the last data has been sent.