I'm having a spot of bother with a Hewlett Packard PSC 1510 printer. The
manufacturer states it has a HP PCL-3 control code set.

I'm printing from QPC2 (no QPCprint, this printer doesn't need it).

If I send the printer control codes like compressed 27,38,107,50,83 from either
a program like PrinterMaster or from a HOT_CMD style hotkey, and then list a
basic program with SAVE PAR (or SAVE PARa for correct end of line character)
the control codes are ignored.

If I do something like:

OPEN #3,PARa
BPUT #3,27,38,107,50,83
LIST #3
CLOSE #3

It seems to work OK. It's almost as though opening or closing the printer
channel in QPC2 resets the printer to "standard" state.

Anyone else with experience of this? And any suggestions how best to work
around it.