From: "Marcel Kilgus":

MK > In that sentence a different kind of translation is meant (the one
MK > QPCPrint does). Not the character translation SMSQ/E does.

Ok, but I assume, Dilwyn does not do any kind of TRA.

RR >> Hmm...makes me wonder how a simple close from an unknown OS (by the
RR >> printer's view) could change it's state.

MK > Opening/closing the SMSQ/E channel is of course also opening/closing
MK > the physical ports or virtual printer queues. So the printer can see
MK > this pretty well. As such I'm not sure there is a solution.

Is such a printer so intelligent? I remind, that under Atari, I've had connected my Epson Laser and set it to GQ mode via PAR. And SMSQ/E has never changed anything. Even the ST mode has never changed anything. So I'm unsure about that...?!

Cheers...Ralf