Does anyone know of any standard floppy disk imaging software for
the
QL - to make a single file on the PC for example, which would be
the
equivalent of a floppy disk which all emulators could read / write
to ?

Might be an interesting little project if anyone is interested

Thinking about it - which emulators can use a qxl.win file maybe we
just
need a smaller subset of this which would be floppy disk size?
QXL.WIN can go on a floppy disk - Roger Godley sent samples of his
Quill etc hacks for GD2 to Quanta library in this format.

AFAIK, the emulators which can read QXL.WIN are:
QPC1 and 2
QemuLator for Windows (read+write but not MAKE_DIR), but not QemuLator
for Mac systems
uQLx for Linux, don't know about the Windows/Mac versions
QXL

Various systems like Qx0 can handle QXL.WIN via extra software like
QCDEZE and Wolfgang's QXLWIN programs.

QLay/QL2K can apparently extract files from QXL.WIN via their tools
programs, but never tried it.

Qubide I think can if you have Thierry's Atapi/IDE drivers and
possibly QCDEZE. Not sure if Discover can read from QXL.WIN (maybe
Dave Walker will answer that one)

Unkown: Amiga QDOS, ST-QL, QDOS Classic (Amiga and Qx0)

There are various programs around in addition to the ones mentioned
above which can help with reading/writing QXL.WIN files, like QXLtool
and WXQT2 (Jonathan Hudson) and QXLWINexplorer that I can remember off
the top of myhead.

Can someone please share the details of this format?

QXL.WIN format - if that's what you were after, I can email you that
privately, although it's on my website somewhere, probably at
http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/docs/formats/index.html (the file formats
page) - I seem to remember it's notes I got from Gerhard Plavec in
Austria at some point.

Dave Walker mentioned Rawread/Rawrite - get this from
http://www.pamarsystems.com/raw.html
I guess a simple web search for 'rawtext sources' might find some, but Dave sounds confident it could be done pretty easily, sounds like he has the info available.

There's an article about Rawread/Rawrite from a QL file transfer angle
on my website at http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/gen/pcqlxfer/raw.html