Tony Firshman wrote:

However the QL 'archive/abacus' export only outputs data if the first column cell is non blank. This looks like a bug to me. Is it cured in any versions of Xchange - mine is 3.90J?

All is OK if I put a blank row and fill it with any data.
If I then import from row 2 in Excel, then all looks fine.
I just had inspiration. All I need to do is make a hotkey that does this and leaves me at the filename part of export.
Life is getting easier.

I was looking at Qspread, but no-one pointed out that it requires smsq/e with high colour drivers. Jochen does still sell it, and is working on adding it, and other programs, to his website.

Tony