Hi Dil"win" ... :-)
Just think, Malcolm...if I had a twin brother (no, the world ain't that unlucky!) I could be Dil-WIN1_ and he could be Dil-WIN2_

Could start calling my son Dil-WIN2_ I suppose and not bother to explain to him why :-)

With the QL, I think the "win_" drive name came from "winchester", which
was a manufacturers name for hard drives ( not the rifles maker ? ).
Ah, of course, I'd forgotten about that. I knew about the name in connection with early hard disk drives, but never appreciated it in connection with the QL WIN drives.