Hello everyone,

Had a real teaser last evening.  I was networking (LAN) a document to be
printed on a 'remote' (not QPC approved)  printer attached to a peer in the
network.  In other words it was all in (this) house!

When the printer had initiated, it attempted to print stuff from its local
machine, stuff which originated from that W/Xp's machine's copy of QPC-2!
It had been (accidentally) spooled to the HD from ARCHIVE , some days ago,
after the printer was last on-line.

Incidentally, some was plain text, some was gobbledegook and many were
new-page codes! The only way to stop it, I found ,was to force an error by
denying paper to the muncher.  Then I would reboot the local (to the
printer) machine and the printer.  It was still there. :(

O.K. I (think) I understand all that behaviour.  However, even as it merrily
wasted ink,  the O/S reported that there was no current print job - and thus
the 'job' could not be removed from the spool queue in the usual way.
Again, I (think) I understand.

There now follows an appeal for help on behalf of the "Save my Sanity, Ink
and Paper" party.

Is there a 'magic' way of removing, what has, in effect, become a 'rouge'
job, from QPC-2, on the O/S spooler, please, anyone?

Be good all.  Its not raining here.

John in Wales.

PS: QPC-2 in innocent!