Is this any help:

"How to cancel printing or to delete a print job that is stuck in the print queue in Windows XP."

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946737

Method D worked for me once.

On 30/07/2010 21:42, QL-Mylink wrote:
Perhaps my posting of 28 06 2010 (copy below) became randomly corrupted or
something. I am grateful for advice offered, I’m more than a bit puzzled by
the responses, as the appear on my screen.

Have a look at this:

I wrote -

“However, even as it merrily wasted ink, the O/S reported that there was no
current print job - and thus the 'job' could not be removed from the spool
queue in the usual way.”

I should have been explicit that the list was unpopulated?

Puzzlingly, Malcolm's retort was -

“….It is usually a case of killing the print job in the printer queue….”

and Derek’s, in a similar vein -

“……, you can delete jobs from the printer queue on the machine that is the
print server.”
--
Regards,

Stephen