I need to ask a question which is slightly off-topic here.

Does anyone use BBC iPlayer on the same PC as the BBC iPlayer?

I just can't get it to download or install on this while QPC is running, or even in the same session after I shut down QPC. Anyone know why? (the PC is Windows XP Pro with SP3, 1.4GHz processor, 1GB RAM))

We also tried it on the notebook with Windows 7 Starter. It's just gone into a please wait loop for the last half hour, I don't know how long iPlayer download should take? QPC had been in use on that too.

And further, does anyone have experience of it on a slow broadband - in theory we pay for "up to 8mbs" from Orange. It's never better than 2mbs (in fact BT say that's the best we can hope for here, irrespective of what Orange say). Last time I had iPlayer working, it was very jerky, pausing every few seconds, totally unusable, so I removed it. Anyone with experience of it on 2mb/s able to say if it should work at that speed? The BBC website has a hell of a lot of "how good and essential this is" but no useful help whatsoever.

This is driving me up the wall at the moment because I've got a visitor and we are trying together to see if we can get it to work. Although it's a bit off topic, I know I'll get a quicker and more sensible answer here.