  From: Dilwyn Jones
  To: ql-us...@q-v-d.com
  Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2011 7:59 PM
  Subject: Re: [Ql-Users] Qemulator download

  > Bethesda, Maryland? Have you been defense contracting again?!?! Bad
  > boy!
  >
  > If my name was Dilwyn, I'd visit foreign countries and pretend to be
  > mute.
  > I'd simply pass a calling card with "Dilwyn" printed on it, then
  > watch them
  > slaughter my name. I haven't decided if that would be masochism or
  > sadism...
  >
  > Dave
  He he...good idea!

  Having just returned from the Caribbean islands and found one of my
  taxi drivers in St Vincent was called "Llywelyn"...(yes, though black
  himself, he explained his grandad was a white Welsh mariner who
  married a local woman and settled there).

  I was a bit concerned that the locals might not understand my Welsh
  accent. In practice, it was the scousers and geordies who needed the
  interpreter. Guess who usually had to interpret for some of the locals
  trying to communicate with some from England ;-)

  Actually, mispronunciations of my name are rare. Mis-spellings
  (usually in QL Today) are more common...