On 02/03/11 20:43, Dave Park wrote:

> I have, a few weeks ago, asked Jan Jones for permission to reprint/reformat
> it (whatever she agrees to) so a cleaner copy is available to the community
> than the scan that is generally available...

That would be great. I have a really bad scan of this book in PDF
format. It's dire. And because the text seems to be dot matrix printed,
OCR is hopeless. :-(

I had planned - sometime - getting the text out somehow and DocBooking
it and from that, I can have PDF, HTML, DOC, DOCX, ODT, etc - all from
the same source file. (EPub as well and Man pages if I like!)

Obviously the format would change from the current book, but the print
would be better and so would the listings etc.

However, if anyone extracts the text with a better OCR that I've got
(Abbey Fine Reader Pro Version 8 - if I remember correctly!) and is
willing to share, I'll do the conversion to DocBook XML.

Cheers,
Norman.

--
Norman Dunbar