I have, a few weeks ago, asked Jan Jones for permission to
reprint/reformat
it (whatever she agrees to) so a cleaner copy is available to the community
than the scan that is generally available...
Someone (Malcolm Lear?) was trying to redo this book from a scan somewhere IIRC. This might give added impetus if she agrees. I can't remember if Javier Guerra got permission for th eversion on a SPanish website or not (will try to search the old emails).
Aha, found it. Yes, after we assisted Javier to get in contact with Jan Jones, he sent me an email on 25 December 2008 (yes, I am not making that date up) to say she said yes. Obviously, this only applied to the PDF version he put on the sinclairql.es website, but if she allowed him to do that, it's quite possible she might give permission again for Malcolm to release his "tidied up" version.

I assume that any permission forthcoming in reponse to Dave's application would only cover the existing version of the book, i.e. it wouldn't allow us to add to it and enhance it. I'd like to be wrong on this, but I guess it would still be possible to write a second, supplementary book, perhaps?

As for Quanta's stance on this, I did briefly correspond with Sarah Gilpin on the matter (28/12/08) so that Quanta were at least aware of the sinclairql.es PDF, and the matter was entered into the Secretary's file at the time for the record.