On 12/04/2011 12:16, Adrian Ives wrote:
Rich,

Thanks.

It _could_ have been demonstrated at the QUANTA AGM but I am not a QUANTA
member and an article published in their newsletter did not result in any
interest from their membership.  Unfortunately, it's not now possible to
organise a demonstration as I am away on other business this weekend, but I
would be happy to provide a demonstration at some future event.

I know the Ser-USB works with superHermes and works very well.  Hermes is an
unknown because I have never seen one, but it would be useful to test it.
In any event it's not just the hardware itself; the driver for the serial
port also plays a part.

Adrian

Hmm - I wonder if this is indicative of the the poor attendance at the show normally, that some people do not think that they should attend as they are not Quanta members?

The Quanta Show and AGM is open to everyone to attend - just you cannot vote at the AGM on the Sunday if you are not a member! The article in their magazine was a little too short and not basic enough for some of the Quanta members - as with all hardware, until people see it working and can see how to use it, it just rarely gets any interest, as a lot of QL'ers do not know anything about hardware.

Maybe one of you beta testers could demonstrate, or if you want to send me a working prototype, I am happy to have it on my stall (email me separately with anticipated prices and how to use it). I am sure I will be able to find someone with a SuperHermes QL at the show so people can see it in action. I don't intend taking my PC with me.

--
Rich Mellor
RWAP Services

http://www.rwapsoftware.co.uk