Malcolm Cadman wrote:

I see you are finally getting along with PC & Windows, and not breaking it too much ... :-)
Sadly, this PC seems (so far) to be Dilwyn-proof :-(

Windows 8, or whatever name it gets, is currently in development. So, maybe that will sort out all your woes ... ?
Will probably be old hat by the time I get to use it ;-)

It is looking like it will be based on the 'touch screen' gestures, that have now become common with mobile phones, ipads, etc, so that there will a synergy (well, in theory if M$ can ever achieve that).

Either it goes this way as one OS, or a split may occur whereby the 'old tec' of PC's will have a different OS or variant.
We'll see, in time. Development certainly seems focused on convergence of technologies. Whether the QL scene stays largely aloof and independent of these remains to be seen.

Would be nice to have a "QL" which can be used on a mobile in some way.