On 07/03/2012 10:38, Norman Dunbar wrote:
Morning all,

eRant warning .....

On 06/03/12 22:15, Martin Wheatley wrote:
There is a very good article about Raspberry Pi in the new edition
of PC Pro Next time you are in W H Smith have a browse
No, no, no, no and again, no!

Next time you are in WH Smiths, don't stand in front of the magazine rack reading the damned things, either buy one and get out of the way or just get out of the way. It's a shop - you buy stuff - not a library - you borrow stuff.

eRant over! ;-)

I don't mind people having a quick look through - that's what I do to see if an article justifies the cost - but I object to people getting a free read and then leaving a "second hand" magazine for someone else to pay full price for. It's bloody dishonest in my opinion. I'd go so far as to say that it's almost like theft.

I hate going in to WH Smiths to get a comic (Linux, Electronics, Science etc) because I can't get near the racks for a crowd of cheap skates reading the magazines in the aisles. Bloody irritating.

My wife used to work in WH Smiths on a Saturday and her job was to wander around the store telling people to stop reading the magazines and either buy one or foff!

Cheers,
Norm.

I doubt Mrs Dunbar wotks in the Berwick branch, but I did see a bloke get an earfull from a lady assistant for browsing a Classic Motorcycle magazine, actualy he was more than browsing he was taking written notes (;-)

All the best - Bill