Wolfgang Lenerz wrote:
> Much is now working correctly.
> Basic works.
> PE & WMAN work.
> It's now possible to have a bigger screen (I normally use 1024x512) but
> screen access remains slow.

Congrats. I remember it to be pretty satisfying once things start to
work ;) I probably never forget the joy of the Minerva logo appearing
on screen or the first blinking cursor :-)

> I mention the bogomips prog, because I used that to test the speeds of
> SMSQmulator.
>
> On the slowest machine around here (a 3 year old laptop), I get :
> Smsqemulator 6.61 bogomips
> but
> QPC 50.06 bogomips - so SMSQmulator is about 8-10 times slower than QPC,
> and it'll probably be even slower than that when heavy screen redrawing
> is involved.

That is somewhat slow, and I actually mean the QPC figure. Do you run
QPC under Linux? In that case Wine might be slowing things down. I got
a solid 183 bogomips here on my laptop that is slightly over a year
old and is even just an i5. It shouldn't be three times as fast as
your machine.

> There are at least two known bugs. One stops QLiberated progs that read
> DATAS from working - you get the famous red error window telling you
> that the prog is out of DATA. This will be a tough one to figure out,
> because trawling through QLiberated code is just awful!

Been there, done that, didn't even get a T-shirt. Have fun :-P

> There also seem to be some problems with C compiled progs, but I don't
> have many of those, I'll have to check.

Try setting sys_ptyp to $10.

Marcel