Hi Dilwyn,

that's how windows works. Linux too.

These are shared libraries that are not statically linked to the application.
So if I was to upgrade Qstripper to use the latest version of QT,  then those
same shared files can now be used by both applications.

Many years ago, the best C and C++ compiler was Borland.  Microsoft advertised
their compiler, as producing far smaller executables than everyone else. This
was true. However what they neglected to mention was that all the shared
libraries were already installed on windows as part of the OS. Which they are
not, technically.

All the other compiler vendors had to ship their files with their executables,
making the install much bigger.

HTH

Cheers,
Norm.