      From: Norman Dunbar <nor...@dunbar-it.co.uk>
 To: ql-users@lists.q-v-d.com
 Sent: Sunday, 19 June 2016, 19:28
 Subject: Re: [Ql-Users] More Help Please

On 18/06/16 12:37, Michael Bulford wrote:
> Hi Norm,
> I think I'll wait .. there appears to be something wrong with this
> download.The file seems much bigger than advertised.

Right then it seems that this is more complicated on Windows than it
needs to be.

I've uploaded the correct qwindows.dll to
https://sourceforge.net/projects/qxlwin/files/Windows%2032-64bit/so you
will need to go there and fetch it.

In your QxlWin application directory, create a new directory called plugins.

Within this new directory, create a new directory called platforms.

Save the qwindows.dll in there.

Now it should work. The problem I have in testing with a completely bare
CMD session, is that no matter whet I did, with or without that file
present or not, it simply worked.

There's no Windows around here that has not got Qt installed (I only
have it in a VM these days) so I'm unable to test this. From the docs on
the Qt web site, it needs to be in the application/plugins/platforms folder.

Why they make this complicated I don't know, it was never like this on
the previous versions.

Good luck. Let me know how you get on.

Cheers,
Norm.