There's no 100% security, but unzipping on a QL or emulated QL (Java-based or
not) sounds like _extremely_ low risk, provided the uncompressed file is not
used directly on the PC.

> Not sure how you come to that conclusion, I used to work on Java and it
> goes through a stringent security process.

AFAIK Flash used to be the most vulnerable software (when also taking user base
into account), but since it lost favor Java has been the top or one of the top
for a long time.
See for example:
http://www.csoonline.com/article/2875535/application-security/java-is-the-biggest-vulnerability-for-us-computers.html

[http://core5.staticworld.net/images/article/2014/11/maria-trombly-headshot-closeup-100532712-byline.jpg]<http://www.csoonline.com/article/2875535/application-security/java-is-the-biggest-vulnerability-for-us-computers.html>

Java is the biggest vulnerability for US computers | CSO
...<http://www.csoonline.com/article/2875535/application-security/java-is-the-biggest-vulnerability-for-us-computers.html>
www.csoonline.com
Java is the biggest vulnerability for US computers Oracle's Java poses the
single biggest security risk to US desktops, says a new report