-----Original Message-----
From: Marcel Kilgus [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, February 01, 2001 9:45 PM
To: ql-users
Subject: Re: [ql-users] QPC2v2 again

>> Normally you don't notice the difference. When the priority is
>> set to "lowest", the emulation thread basically only gets processor
>> time if all other threads don't need some.

It does show up as a sluggish redraw of any windows apps when I switch back
from QPC 2. With Task manager running (takes 2% of the CPU) to monitor the
situation, QPC always has 98% regardless of what else I have running - so it
*looks* like QPC has 98% of the CPU and everything else gets the rest to
share out. Now I am most likely wrong here so be gentle with me !

It also makes switching from screen saver mode back to 'work' mode an
arduoys task as follows :

move mouse or press a key to deactivate SS
wait 15 to 20 seconds for something to happen
eventually, NT re-appears but not QPC has turned black and no longer
responds.

(This is not a major worry because most of the time I only use QPC as a
single task so I can live with it - but it happens).

If as you say, QPC uses 'system idle time' then it seems to want to hang on
to that time and not give it up - this must be a windows thing !

>> What could be the reason is the blitting of the screen in windowed mode.
This can use up the power
>> of older graphics cards in a way that there's not so much left for
>> other blitting operations. But that's just a guess.

I presume 6 months is old then :o( Mine is a new PC about 6 months ago. It
has a Matrox Milennium AGP card with 8Mb of RAM etc.

>> I suspect "idle" doesn't change anything then, either?
Fraid not. Regardless of the forgroung/background settings, QPC takes 98%
whether it is in the background or not :o(

Norman.

PS. I'm not being negative, honest, I think QPC 2 is excellent and I
wouldn't be without it.

----
Norman Dunbar           EMail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Database/Unix administrator     Phone:  0113 289 6265
Lynx Financial Systems Ltd.     Fax:    0113 201 7265
----